LAftermath

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

First off, Laughtermath is pure genius of a word, unfortunately laughtermath.com is taken.

The closure of the LA trip was pretty tame. Saturday I met with A in the early afternoon and we ate burritos and bought a huge motherfucking plasmatronic television machine. Back to her house to move it in. Slightly ludicrous what with there being literally nothing else in the place. We were originally planning to go to some apparently well known house DJ which her roommate apparently put us on the guestlist for (although it was still $20?), but A just wanted to stay in which was fine by me. So basically an evening spent playing Xbox and drinking beer on the floor.

Woke up in the morning after a grueling night's sleep with a hoodie for a headrest on the hardwood floor, and shoved off for the airport. Ate a huge greasy breakfast, the kind that I am generally mortally opposed to, at a greasy spoon place called Grinders. " Standard business goodbyes at the curb, low in emotional content for us both I think.

Randomly selected for security search, as seems to be a new trend for me these days, and apparently not caused by my Imperial Eagle belt buckle as I had begun to suspect, since it is currently in England somewhere. Full flight, no food. I read and meditated in the air to Dallas, drank beer for a few hours there, then air-napped to Atlanta. Had arranged for J to pick me up at MARTA, which he did, and we headed to his house for further drinking action and to watch The Darjeeling Limited. Fantastic movie, and one which had he and I toasting our brotherhood and vowing to take a trip together soon; hopefully to India!

He went to bed and I played Assassin's Creed for an hour or so, simply because it is so goddamn fun to stab people in that game. Woke to ride with J to get the car from Wellington.

And then I came back to the Midtown house, which I am resisting calling the A-Hole.

1 comments:

Micah Schlosser said...

Glad you're back!
We'll have to hang out soon.