Texas mainly

Thursday, October 2, 2008
Left for a fairly unexpected trip to Los Angeles yesterday morning to help A drive out and move some of her things; I'll be flying back Sunday. This happens exactly at the time I am having to suddenly and unexpectedly move out of my existing living situation, so in a strange way it is in sync with the vectors I have been dealing with in that regard.

The decision to come with her was partly hit upon as a part of a larger arrangement for me to move into her house for a period to sell some of the things she is leaving, and generally get the place in rentable order over the next few weeks. For me, a good opportunity to make some money and have a fairly fluid place to stay, and for her my organization will hopefully be of good help.

Here's to hoping that whole process goes smoothly.

The entire plan really came together over a few hours, which is novel since we have spoken quite rarely over recent times. Saturday I went to her moving sale for a few hours, then to the bar for the going away party. All of that went well, but I had been slowly drinking all day at the sale, and after a few more drinks once out I was ready to turn in. At home had a good conversation with C about the general state of microcosmic affairs and then passed out.

Sunday I took the pickup to A's midtown house to help her pack the car. The house in serious disorder following the sale, and still full of loads upon loads of both garbage and gold. We confirm more specifically that I'll move in, what will get done with what, timeframes, etc. The car gets packed for the most part, although it is a little haphazard at points, and VERY fucking full. We went to eat sushi, then A and I packed the minimalist room that I had been staying in on Clay street in about 30 minutes, and moved it over to the warzone that is her place. Spent the night at Wellington and she picked me up at around 7am from there to hit the road for LA.

There's often not much to tell about long drives in my experience. I will say that the two of us have been getting along well and generally having a good time with one another. The car itself is not terribly comfortable, but not unbearable either. More than anything it is simply at maximum capacity. I have taken long spans of meditation while she has driven which have gone well, although the threat of interruption is always there. Sleep is impossible for me due to ergonomics. The cats are complainy, but generally well behaved.

So it's now early Tuesday afternoon and we have been driving for a few hours after staying at the cheapest room we could find in a 10 mile area. On the road toward El Paso, I am hoping to reach Phoenix tonight and have a chance to rendezvous with friends there, but we'll see how that plays out.

0 comments: